Villa for two families
Laust Sørensen, Michael Droob, Lieven Dhollander, Tommaso Antonicelli, Panagiotis Chatzigrigoriou
Decor by Nadia Schnack
The Villa was originally designed by Valdemar Schmidt and built in 1914 as a private family residence. The building has two additions, a small extension to the east and a bay window to the south. The two additions strengthen the playfulness and romantic expression of the house.
When the current owner acquired the property, the first impression was that changing residents had remodeled the house regardless of the original romantic expression. The house needed to regain its authenticity, and it had to be remodeled to accommodate two families each with their own needs.
The property is expanded with a new pavilion to the south with the main facade facing the garden. The high, slender doorways of the pavilion frames the view to the old garden with the church in the background.
The roof of the main house is renewed with seven new dormers and the roof of the old extension is transformed to a roof terrace, the covered terrace that leads to the garden has been transformed into an atmospheric conservatory with arched window sections, where the warm light is filtered through the crowns of the old trees.
All the rooms in the house have tailor-made solutions with built-in furniture and carefully selected colors, wallpapers and textiles that support their function and character.
GL. CARLSBERG · COPENHAGEN